Friday, January 10, 2020

🎶 standin' on the corner, waitin' for the bus 🎶

Most of the bus stops aren't actually on corners but every time the bus is late, this Violent Femmes song runs through my head. Freya is sick of hearing me sing it.

many hours have accumulated waiting at these bus stops

The public transportation system here is actually pretty good. I miss having my own vehicle that I can just hop in whenever I want and get to my destination quickly without relying on anyone or anything else, but owning a vehicle here is expensive. I would even be paying a tax according to the weight of the vehicle, which would end up being a lot, with the kind of vehicle we would need for our large family. So, we've gotten used to walking, cycling, or taking the train or bus. And we're all getting stronger muscles from carrying heavy bags full of groceries home. On weekends, the buses don't run early enough for me to get to work on time, so I ride my trusty e-bike. On the way to work, I take the main roads, but on the way home during daylight hours, I often ride through the forest. The bike trails are extensive and in some of the higher traffic areas, the bike lanes have their own traffic lights to regulate bike traffic. It's illegal to use your cellphone while riding and you will get fined if caught.


weekend commute through the forest - Marielund Skov

No comments: