Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas and pre-Christmas activities

Before we left I was able to attend the temple in Colonia Juarez, which was nice. For the third time since I came here I was asked if I was a Mennonite. The second picture is of Mei decorating our Christmas tree. We held Christmas last Monday night. A few days before we left Liam's elementary school had a Christmas program. Liam is the one in the middle smiling at the camera. The other picture is of an older grade's dance. The whole program was traditional music, dress and dance from various states in Mexico. Liam's class did the state of Veracruz. I didn't get a still picture of Liam's class performing because I was video-recording it instead.
Our Christmas dinner was spent on the main street in Guaymas with a couple that we met at our hotel (outside our room pictured below). It consisted of styrofoam cups of corn with mayo, cheese and butter and hotdogs with mayo and avacado sauce and paletas leche (milk-based popsicles) for dessert. Yum!



No comments: