Friday, December 29, 2006

The old jail

This place was eerie. There was one room tucked in a corner that I entered into that was especially creepy and I got the feeling that something terrible had happened there. It didn't look that different from the others, it was just the feeling I got when I went into it that scared me. It was fun though(and a little dangerous) to explore this old jail. We had to keep a close eye on the kids so they wouldn't fall off the numerous ledges. There have been so many times while here in Mexico that i have thought to myself "something like this would never exist in Canada". I guess there is just not that fear of a lawsuit here as there is in some other countries. Another thing that triggered my emotions were the faded walls above the rusted metal bunkbed frames, decorated by the prisoners with drawings and magazine cutouts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like fun. your kids look possessed in the bunk (i think that's what they are) picture. happy new year. we are mot at chris and april's this year because she is sick. pregnant sick. neet eh?

Dagga said...

Happy new year, thanks for all the pictures. xx

Dagga said...

Liz why am I no longer listed as a member of the fruit basket? I know its been a long time since I posted but I would like to continue when I get back on my reading track.

elisabeth said...

i didn't take you off or anything dagga. sorry. i don't know what happened. just phyllis and i are on there still. maybe it is because i updated it to the latest version of blogger so maybe you have to update something on your blogger account. let me know if it still doesn't work and i can just re-invite you. i miss your posts.

congratulations chris and april! you will fill up that big house in no time.

elisabeth said...

those devil eyes...that's what happens to our kids when you put them in this environment

Dagga said...

you where right Liz I updated to new blogger and it set itself right.