Thursday, January 25, 2007

Falling in Love with Maz

A few of the things we like about Mazatlan:
1. all the animals we have seen - we found this pale little gecko in our room under a pile of clothes - the kids named it Gecka Gecko
2. beautiful tiled exterior walls on tiny houses - like the houses in Dublan, I have to limit myself with the number of pictures of tiles that I take
3. all the cheap intertainment - because this is such a big place, there are things like big malls with mini amusement parks - the kids rode these boats until they were sick of it for 15 pesos each
4. The cool people we meet - we have nicknamed some of our friends that we have met at the same restaurant "the breakfast club" because they all seem to know each other - this is a tiny restaurant kind of tucked away and the menu is simple, cheap and delicious - I don't even know the name of the place. Rus and I just call it Lerma because it is by the Hotel Lerma that we stayed at when we first came. The picture is of Liam and a three-legged black poodle he befriended by the name of Lola, owned by a Newfie named Mimi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too funny was just surfing for the Lerma phone number for my Mom( Mimi) who is going back to Maz next week and when I did the google search your site popped up and as I scroll down and read I see the picture of Lola with your son. It is a small world sometimes lol. :D