Friday, February 16, 2007

The mystery of the lost pictures

I have unlocked the mystery of my digital camera. It turns out that there was something wrong with my memory card, maybe a piece broke off, and that is why I lost all those pictures. That part I can't get back, but I have found that if I take the memory card out, there is still memory available on my camera for about 100 VGA-quality pictures that are able to download (no pictures from the memory card would download). And then I found some presumably missing pictures. I am a genius.
Picture explanations: These are pictures that I thought were lost but it turns out that they somehow got onto the memory of the camera instead of the card. They are from our Christmas holidays in Mazatlan, if I remember correctly. The first two pictures are of a wagon carrying wild animals that we just happened across on the street. It was parked outside a pub and the driver or caretaker was no where in sight, and the cage did not look very securely bolted. It was tempting to pet the lazy-looking bear's paw or the equally lazy-looking tiger's head because they were RIGHT THERE within easy reach. I held back for the sake of setting a good example for the children.
The third picture is of the black iguana that I mentioned in a previous post.

No comments: