Wednesday, March 21, 2007

home...almost

We had a great time in Phoenix. Ila fell in love with our friends' chihuahua-cross puppies, Belle and Titan. She didn't want to go home. She cried "I don't want to go home. Mei want to go home. I don't want to go home." We took full advantage of their pool and the beautiful weather too. We said good-bye to Phoenix and boarded the first of many buses. We were reminded of the odd people that take public intercity transportation. Now that it's over, it doesn't seem like it was so bad. I don't want to do it again for a long time though! We made it to Great Falls last night where our friend and his son picked us up and brought us to Lethbridge. We slept the night at his place and the kids and I will spend the day here while he and Rus hook up a new water heater in our house. It feels a little odd that I have made it all the way to Lethbridge but still haven't gone home to Raymond yet. But what's another day or two when we've been gone 5 months.
I was really wanting to go to the Copper Canyon before we left Mexico but by the time we decided we wanted to leave we already had a bad case of traveller's fatigue. My desire to go to the canyons was replaced by my desire to just go home.
I apologize for the poorly composed post. I am still so tired and don't have the intellectual energy to make it flow.

No comments: