Tuesday, November 21, 2006

random pictures













1. That's me standing in front of Nuevo's version of MacDonald's. I thought it was amusing. It is one of the only reminders of home. It is actually nice to be away from that sort of thing. I'm glad that I don't know what the Top 40 songs are and I am especially glad that I'm not constantly told how many shopping days are left until Christmas!
2. Ila (pink shirt) and Mei are watching a lady sew a skirt. Ila is wearing one that she made. It's kind of like the traditional skirts here; long, full, two-tiered, and flowery. Mei got one exactly like Ila's.
3. We were just at a birthday party. That's Mei taking some rather weak swings at a piñata. Notice how huge the piñata is! There are quite a few stores here dedicated to piñatas.

No comments: