Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rus So Far

This is actually Rus, although I signed in as Liz.

So, I like the wheat and walnut and apple yogurt here, and the coconut yogurt. And the Fresca is good here too, it´s not diet, just grapefruit.
Actually, I like the food generally, but I suppose that is no surprise to those who know me.

I have been surprised at how many mennonites there are here, I was aware that were lots south of here, but not here necesarrily. We´ve made some friends with a couple from Winkler, Manitoba who are volunteering here for the MCC (Mennonite Central Commitee) Resource Centre here. They´re kind of like the Manitoba Mennonite counterpart to us. We helped out at the resource centre writing prices on german colouring books the other day.
Incidentally, they are looking for a nurse here at the centre, someone who speaks low german - so put the word out around there for them please.

I am not a fan of adobe houses, I tell people that in Canada it is cold outside and warm inside, here it is the opposite. But, maybe if we were in a house that had more south windows it would warm up better.

A few people have assumed that there is not much daylight now back at our home in Canada, and it seemed pretty close to here actually, so I checked it out to be sure. The sun rises about an hour earlier here, but it sets only about 15 minutes later. I don´t know how or why that is, but that´s what the internet tells me. Oh, Great and Mighty Internet!

Anyway, we´re really tempted now to get a bike that is like a reverse tricycle that vedors haul stuff on in the front, I´ll try to put up a picture soon. (you can google kristiania bike, they´re kinda like that.)

It´s getting colder at night, but the afternoons are shorts weather still.

Adios, amigos.

6 comments:

Dagga said...

found anything that rivals the shark yet?

Anonymous said...

Rus, Elizabeth and kiddies!
Good to know that you are safe and sound. Thinking of you and wishing you happy travels!
much love.

Anonymous said...

oh great and mighty rus, thy bowels be filled with good food and great gas forever. good to here you like the food, and since i know you i knew that you would anyway. have you had much plantain stuff yet i wouldn't think that they would have that much that far north but maybe they do. hi all y'all and stuff. january maybe we think.

Anonymous said...

I am slightly jealous of you guys...
we are so tied to here I don't know how we'd pull it off.
Simon says "merorw."
many of the mennonites around here have family in Mexico, which I also found as a surprise when I first learned it.
April

Anonymous said...

sorry man your line got cut off, anyhoo try again soon. xoxo
jay
iarnan eartha and kaiomhe and i are finishing off the last of the orange float ice cream tonite. thanks. they say hi and iarnan wants to say hi to liam.

elisabeth said...

actually its Christiania bikes, not Kristiania

nothing to rival the shark yet, although that does come up in conversation a lot. i'm finding that my tolerance for spicy is higher than it used to be a month ago.